I am so honoured to have been nominated for the Liebster award by Elizabeth Auwarter of the Recovering Perfectionist. I connected with her a few months ago when I wrote a guest post for her blog (you can read it here).
Basically, this award is for great bloggers to recognize other great bloggers. “Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
How the Liebster Award Works
-Thank the person who nominated you in your post.
-Answer the questions from your nominator.
-Pick your nominees.
-Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- What inspires you to write? God and my kiddos
- What is your favorite part of blogging? The art of writing. Seeing a post come together is really cool. I have a rough idea in my head of what I want to say, but sometimes it goes in a completely different direction!
- Who are your three favorite authors and why? I don’t know if I could just pick 3! I just really love reading, doesn’t really matter to me who has written it!
- When was a time you failed, and how did you get back up? I fail daily! This has especially been evident to me since becoming a Mom. But, God is gracious and compassionate and I need to learn to be gracious and compassionate to myself as well.
- What is your life motto? I don’t know if I have a life motto, but my word of the year for 2019 is Joy. So this year at least, I’m choosing to find joy in all I do.
- What was a book that inspired you/changed your life and how? Is it cheesy if I say the Bible? I can’t say any other book I’ve read stands out to me as life changing.
- Who is a blogger that inspires you and why? Becky Thompson of ScissortailSilk. I’d tossed around the idea of starting a blog before, in fact, I think I’d even started this one before reading her book “Hope Unfolding.” Reading that book really inspired me to go forward with my blogging trusting God would lead me along the way.
- If you could pursue any writing career, besides blogger, what would it be and why? I think journalism would be neat. But I’d probably like to write personal interest type articles.
- What are your five top things you are thankful for? God, my husband, my daughters, my family and health
- If you could be a brand ambassador for any any brand what would it be and why? Probably some shoe company! I have a slight obsession with shoes! (Just ask my hubby!)
I’m excited to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster award! You have to answer the following 10 questions! I can’t wait to hear what you have to say.
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Who inspires you in life and in blogging?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? (money is no object)
- Who was your childhood best friend and are you still in touch with them?
- What is one thing you do every day just for yourself?
- How to you balance blogging and motherhood?
- What is your absolute favourite meal?
- If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure? What is it?
- Who is an artist (or a song) that you could listen to on repeat all day long?